Welcome to the Wildlife Retreat at Taronga on Cammeraigal country, an immersive, overnight experience like no other.
The Wildlife Retreat is located just 15 minutes from Sydney CBD yet feels a world away, in a secluded, harbourside bushland setting. It’s a peaceful, rejuvenating experience that connects guests with native Australian wildlife and forms an integral part of Taronga’s vision to achieve a shared future for people and wildlife.
Be inspired, knowing that income from your family stay at the Wildlife Retreat directly supports Taronga’s important animal conservation programs in Australia and around the world.
The Family Escape package includes family accommodation for two adults and two children* in interconnected Bushland or Animal View rooms and the following inclusions:
- An afternoon tour of the Sanctuary, the Australian native wildlife habitat exclusive to guests of the Wildlife Retreat home to Koalas, Wallabies, Echidnas and other unique Australian species
- A Family Night Walk of Taronga Zoo with our expert guides - exclusive to the Family Escape Package
- Buffet breakfast at Me-Gal restaurant, with breathtaking views of Sydney Harbour
- Complimentary access to Taronga Zoo for the duration of your stay
- Free parking at the main Visitor Carpark
- Optional: A two-course dinner is available as an optional extra for seatings at Me-Gal restaurant between 5.00pm - 6.00pm. Reservations for Me-Gal on the Family Escape Package are essential – please contact Reception 48 hours prior to arrival to pre-book
* Interconnected rooms can be configured to suit families of up to six people - please indicate additional bedding that may be required when booking.
The Family Escape Package is available for stays every day of the NSW school holidays and Thursday - Saturday nights during the NSW school term until 30 June 2021, or sold out. Booking terms and conditions apply.