Welcome to the Wildlife Retreat at Taronga on Cammeraigal country, an immersive, overnight experience like no other.
The Wildlife Retreat is located just 15 minutes from Sydney CBD yet feels a world away, in a secluded, harbourside bushland setting. It’s a peaceful, rejuvenating experience that connects guests with native Australian wildlife and forms an integral part of Taronga’s vision to achieve a shared future for people and wildlife.
Join guided tours with our passionate keepers, immerse yourself in their stories and learn from their expertise.
Enjoy connecting with incredible native wildlife on our Ultimate Retreat Package. With elegant accommodation, a guided tour through ‘The Sanctuary', a precinct exclusive to guests of the Wildlife Retreat featuring up-close wildlife experiences and a buffet breakfast at on-site restaurant Me-Gal, the Ultimate Retreat Package is an immersive overnight stay and the following inclusions:
- An afternoon tour of the Sanctuary, the Australian native wildlife habitat at the centre of the Wildlife Retreat home to Koalas, Wallabies, Echidnas and other unique Australian species
- A shared feast at on-site restaurant, Me-Gal*. Me-Gal boasts breathtaking views of Sydney Harbour and an exciting modern Australian menu serving native ingredients and sustainably-sourced local produce
- Buffet breakfast at Me-Gal restaurant
- Complimentary access to Taronga Zoo for the duration of your stay
- Free parking at the Main Visitor Carpark