About the program
Designed especially for young adults aged 12 - 17 years old, Cadet Keepers is a hands-on program designed for those who aspire for a future working with flora and fauna, or wish to be employed in an industry that contributes to the protection of the natural world.
Our experienced and dedicated staff will guide participants through the daily routines and responsibilities of a Taronga Keeper, meeting some of the animals in our care and learning about how to help secure a future for them.
$150 per child: includes Zoo entry for child program, program t-shirt and one (1) adult zoo admission on the date of child participating in the program
What to bring
We will provide participants with their own t-shirt but they will need to bring a packed lunch and refillable water bottle for the day.
You will also need to ensure that your Cadet Keeper has practical clothes, closed toe shoes and weather appropriate items e.g. hat, sunglasses, rain jacket etc.
To keep the Wildlife in our care safe face masks will be required throughout the day.
Keeper for a Day is an all-weather experience so please come prepared for any inclement weather.
Taronga reserves the right to cancel the Keeper for a Day Program at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or in the event of severe weather. In the unlikely chance that this situation should occur, Taronga will contact you prior to your participation date.
Bookings are open.
|12 people maximum per booking. NOTE: availability updated Monday to Friday|
|Saturday 1 April 2023||FULLY BOOKED|
|Thursday 13 April 2023||FULLY BOOKED|
|Tuesday 18 April 2023||FULLY BOOKED|
|Saturday 22 April 2023||FULLY BOOKED|
|Saturday 13 May 2023||FULLY BOOKED|
|Saturday 3 June 2023||FULLY BOOKED|
|Saturday 24 June 2023||3 spaces available|
|Tuesday 4 July 2023||Available|
|Saturday 8 July 2023||Available|
|Thursday 13 July 2023||Available|
Please ensure you read and understand the conditions prior to booking. For more information please email email@example.com.
The Cadet Keepers Program:
- Requires a moderate level of fitness and good mobility
- Understanding that your child will be participating and interacting with other unvaccinated young people and guests throughout the day
- Is for children aged between 12 to 17 years of age
- Is an all-weather experience and will ordinarily proceed in the event of inclement weather
- May include entering an environment housing animals which involves a degree of unpredictability and therefore risk of injury occurring
- Is at my own risk and without any liability attached to the Taronga Conservation Society Australia, including any injury to the child/children or damage to their property
- Requires the child/children to take direction from Keeper for a Day Hosts regarding photographs and video taken on any device, and understand that some photos may be restricted from social media platforms
- Requires the child/children to take direction from Keeper for a Day Hosts to comply with Taronga’s COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Must not be attended by a child/children if they feel unwell or have flu like symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, sore/scratchy throat, shortness of breath) and acknowledge that they will be excluded from the program and Taronga Zoo if they attend when unwell or with flu like symptoms
- Bookings are non-refundable but can be rescheduled or transferred in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of Taronga
- Program activities and schedules are subject to change without notice
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel the Cadet Keepers Program at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or in the event of severe weather. In the unlikely event that this situation occurs, Taronga will contact me as soon as practicable to notify me and reschedule my booking
- Taronga cannot guarantee a nut-free environment (please contact us for further information)
- If the program participant has a known allergy that causes an anaphylactic reaction upon exposure to that allergen, that participant must disclose this information to Taronga prior to attending Keeper for a Day. The participant is required to supply and carry an EpiPen throughout the duration of the program. A medical action plan also needs to be provided to ensure Taronga staff have clear instructions in response management.
Note: One (1) adult zoo admission can only be redeemed on the date the child is participating on the Cadet Keepers program. This cannot be redeemed before or after this date.