About this program
Children will be amazed and excited on this unique school holiday program, as they join in animal themed activities and meet our wonderful keepers who care for the animals that live at Taronga Zoo Sydney.
What to expect on the day
Please note that in the interest of guest, staff and animal safety Zoo Adventures may be running an identical schedule each day.
Zoo Adventurers will have a fun-filled day with exclusive behind-the-scenes animal experiences in our Education learning spaces. Plus, Adventurers will get the chance to explore the Zoo from presentations to a Backyard to Bush farm visit, it's a wild day for all!
*Subject to change pending weather or schedule changes with in-grounds presentations.
Registrations for the Summer school holidays are now open!
|Tuesday 19 December||Fully Booked|
|Wednesday 20 December||Fully Booked|
|Thursday 21 December||Fully Booked|
|Tuesday 2 January||Available|
|Wednesday 3 January||Available|
|Thursday 4 January||Available|
|Friday 5 January||Available|
|Monday 8 January||Available|
|Tuesday 9 January||Available|
|Wednesday 10 January||Available|
|Thursday 11 January||Available|
|Friday 12 January||Available|
|Monday 15 January||Available|
|Tuesday 16 January||Available|
|Wednesday 17 January||Available|
|Thursday 18 January||Available|
|Friday 19 January||Available|
|Monday 22 January||Available|
|Tuesday 23 January||Available|
|Wednesday 24 January||Available|
|Thursday 25 January||Available|
If you have a credit to redeem, please email us directly on email@example.com
What to bring
Adventurers should bring a small backpack with a packed lunch and snacks for the day, as well as a refillable water bottle and hat. Please note that children carry their bags all day to the Zoo Adventures activities. To be prepared for all weather, we also suggest you bring sunscreen and wet weather gear, just in case.
Please note that the Zoo Adventures t-shirt must be worn during the visit, to help our staff identify children in a busy environment.
Expand to read the full booking conditions
I understand, agree and accept as the parent/guardian of the child/children booked on the program that Zoo Adventures Program:
- Requires a moderate level of fitness and good mobility.
- Children must be aged between five to 11 years of age.
- Taronga staff and volunteers are COVID-19 vaccinated however Zoo Adventures will be interacting with unvaccinated children and guests throughout the day.
- Is an all-weather experience and will ordinarily proceed in the event of inclement weather
- May include entering an environment housing animals which involves a degree of unpredictability and therefore risk of injury occurring
- Is at my own risk and without any liability attached to the Taronga Conservation Society Australia, including any injury to the child/children or damage to their property
- Requires the child/children to take direction from Zoo Adventures Hosts regarding photographs and video taken on any device, and understand that some photos may be restricted from social media platforms
- Requires the child/children to take direction from Zoo Adventures Hosts to comply with Taronga’s COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Must not be attended by a child/children if they feel unwell or have flu like symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, sore/scratchy throat, shortness of breath) and acknowledge that they will be excluded from the program and Taronga Zoo if they attend when unwell or with flu like symptoms
- Bookings are non-refundable but can be rescheduled or transferred in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of Taronga
- Program activities and schedules are subject to change without notice
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel community education programs at any time to remain COVID Safe, or due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or in the event of severe weather. In the unlikely event that this situation occurs, Taronga will contact me as soon as practicable to notify me and reschedule my booking
- Taronga cannot guarantee a nut-free environment (please contact us for further information).
- If the program participant has a known allergy that causes an anaphylactic reaction upon exposure to the allergen, full disclosure must be provided prior to attending the program. The participant is required to supply and carry an EpiPen throughout the duration of the program. A medical action plan also needs to be provided to ensure Taronga staff have clear instructions for response management.