Roar and Snore is a COVID-Safe site.
Next time you visit you may notice a few changes that ensure Taronga Zoo Sydney remains COVID-Safe for all our guests, staff and animals.
Read more about the changes keeping you safe.
Please note that due to maintenance works, Roar and Snore will be closed from 5th - 30th September 2022. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Looking for a stay in September, visit Roar & Snore's award-winning sister property The Wildlife Retreat and enjoy an immersive stay over-looking magnificent Sydney Harbour
Your Roar and Snore experience
- Take in the spectacular sight of the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge in the evening as you enjoy canapés and beverages (a variety of beers, wines, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee) upon arrival to the harbour-side campsite
- Get up close to some of Taronga Zoo Sydney's friendliest residents
- Dine in style at our delicious dinner and breakfast
- Experience an exclusive Taronga night safari led by passionate keepers and guides, with the chance to see some of Taronga's favourite animals
- Unwind in our comfortable safari-style tents, falling asleep to the sounds of the Zoo
- Join feeding time and close encounter sessions where you will form a special bond with our animals
- Enjoy spending the following day exploring the zoo in your own time with complimentary admission included with your booking
To find out more, download a sample itinerary for your Roar and Snore experience. Note: sample itinerary only - to keep COVID Safe, we have modified our Roar and Snore experience to safely deliver the ultimate Zoo sleepover.
What to bring
- Enclosed shoes - Taronga Zoo’s landscape is varied and your experience will include walking and participating in behind the scenes encounters. Heels, sandals and thongs are not recommended for the walking part of the experience.
- NOTE: To keep our guests safe, refusal to participate in some behind the scenes encounters may occur without sturdy, closed-toed footwear
- Wet weather gear - Roar and Snore is an all-weather experience so please come prepared for any inclement weather
- Toiletries - The Roar and Snore campsite has shower and bathroom facilities
On the night of your Roar and Snore adventure, your hosts will meet you at the Taronga Zoo Sydney main entrance. Check-in commences from 5:30pm with the program kicking off at 6:15pm.
Guests are welcome to arrive by car, bus or ferry. Taronga Zoo Sydney is a short 12 minute ferry ride from Circular Quay. Complimentary parking in Taronga’s multi-storey car park is provided for all Roar and Snore guests.
Terms and conditions
Read the full Terms & Conditions for Roar and Snore
- Roar and Snore is an all-weather program – please bring wet-weather gear if required
- A valid photo identification matching the name on your Roar and Snore reservation is required to check in for the program
- All Roar and Snore bookings are final. Cancellations and date changes are not possible. Payments are non-refundable. Please note, if you are unwell with cold or flu symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, we ask you to please stay home and do not visit. In these cases, your accommodation booking can be changed to an alternate date at no charge
- Roar and Snore is a non-smoking event
- Due to the wide-ranging itinerary and landscape of the Taronga zoo site, all children must be a minimum of 5 years old to attend. You may be requested to provide proof of age if your child does not look to be of age 5
- A variety of beers, wines, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee at the site and with your meal. No additional alcohol may be brought onto the Zoo premises. Guests must be 18 years or over to be served alcohol and must carry a valid ID
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel Roar and Snore programs at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or insufficient demand
COVID Peace of Mind Policy
Read the full COVID Peace of Mind Policy for Roar and Snore
At any time, if you are unable to complete your stay at Roar & Snore due to COVID-19 related issues listed below, our team will happily reschedule your booking or provide a full refund.
- You have tested positive for COVID19 14 days before your arrival
- You are awaiting results of a COVID test
- Due to a government-mandated border closure, you can no longer access Roar & Snore
- You have been instructed by health authorities to isolate at home
Please note that if you are required to reschedule or request a refund due to COVID, our reservation team will require documentation that supports the need to change your reservation. If evidence cannot be provided, the original terms and conditions apply.