When planning your visit, please note it takes approximately 3 hours to explore the entire zoo.
- Taronga Zoo Sydney is 12 minutes from Circular Quay by ferry. Sydney Ferries services depart Circular Quay every 30 minutes
- Captain Cook Cruises operate the Zoo Express and all day hop on, hop off services departing daily from Darling Harbour and Circular Quay
- NRMA’s Fantasea Cruising operate a Zoo Direct and all-day hop-on and hop-off Harbour Hopper from Darling Harbour (Aquarium Wharf) and Circular Quay Wharf 6
- The Sky Safari lower station entrance (near the Ferry) is currently open to all Ferry Passengers who have purchased a Zoo ticket, or are Zoo Friend members. Non-ticket holders can enter via the Lower Zoo Entrance, a 300m walk up Bradleys Head Road, or catch a bus to the Main Top Zoo Entry (238 Bus).
- The 100 Bus (Mosman to City) operates between Mosman (Taronga Zoo Sydney) and the Queen Victoria Building in the city from early morning until around midnight, seven days a week. Buses will run every 10 minutes across the day and at least every 20 minutes in the early morning and late at night.
- The 238 bus route travels between Balmoral Beach, the Taronga Zoo Sydney main entrance and the Taronga ferry wharf on the water's edge for passengers arriving or leaving by ferry
- Bus and coach parking may be arranged by calling (02) 9969 2777
- Passengers can change at Circular Quay train station and join the ferry to Taronga Zoo Sydney
Parking is available at Taronga Zoo Sydney, entry from Bradleys Head Road. The all-day parking rate is $22. For guests entering prior to 4.00pm, the parking is a flat rate of $22 for the whole day, or free if entering and exiting within 90 minutes.
Please note: there is no 90-minute grace period after 4.00pm.
Please note the height of our carpark is maximum 2.1m
Bus & coach parking
With the growth of school groups returning to Taronga, the nine (9) Bus Bays near the Security Portal have been reserved to accommodate the increasing numbers of private Buses & Coaches that require parking.
Bus & Coach drivers are encouraged to safely set down passengers at the dedicated Bus Bays along Bradleys Head Road before parking their vehicle at the nine (9) Bus Bays near the Security Portal. All bus bays are available on a first in, first served basis.
Taronga understands that guests have varying needs and may require special assistance during their visit. Please find more information about accessibility at Taronga Zoo Sydney here.