About including Taronga in your Will
Celebrate your passion for wildlife.
Taronga has an absolute commitment to the conservation of wildlife in Australia and around the world. By including a gift in your Will to Taronga, you can help us help wildlife. Would you like to leave a legacy that will secure a future for our world’s precious animals?
We are dedicated to the conservation of native species, with active involvement in breed-for-release programs, habitat recovery and the rehabilitation and release of injured or orphaned wildlife.
Taronga Conservation Society Australia is a not-for-profit organisation. A gift in your Will, no matter how large or small, can ensure the wildlife you love has the best chance of being here in the future.
Include a gift to Taronga in your Will
Taronga is here to support you through the process of including a gift.
Below outlines the typical process associated with leaving a charity, such as Taronga, a gift in your will.
- Consider your loved ones, and the charities that you would like to remember in your Will.
- Choose the type of gift you would like to leave. A “residual” gift ensures maximum impact, as its value won’t decrease in value over time.
- a. Provide your solicitor with the following suggested wording: “I give to Taronga Conservation Society Australia (ABN 41 733 619876), for its general purposes the residue of my estate/ ___% share of my estate / the sum of $___, and I declare that the receipt of the Chairperson of the Zoological Parks Board of NSW or the Chairperson’s delegate shall be sufficient discharge to my Executors for this bequest.”
b. Alternatively, you may prepare your Will for free, using our online Will writing partner, Gathered Here.
- Ensure your Will is legal, by signing and having it witnessed.
- We strongly encourage you to discuss your intentions with loved ones, to help them fulfil your wishes.
- Let the Taronga team know of your intentions so we can thank you for your generosity and keep you connected with our conservation impact.
Create your FREE Will online today
Did you know that over 70% of Australian’s don’t have a Will? Gathered Here is an online Will writing platform that takes the stress and hassle out of making a Will - in just 10 minutes you can create a legally binding Will for FREE, with unlimited updates for life.
Beat the statistics, avoid unnecessary stress for your loved ones, and be remembered for your love of wildlife.
Who includes a gift to Taronga?
When you advise Taronga about a gift in your Will, you become a Taronga Friend of the Future. This special group of Taronga’s most committed supporters receive invitations to special events and up-to-date news through newsletters and special announcements. With your permission, Taronga will also honour and acknowledge your generosity and legacy through a plaque at Taronga Zoo’s top entrance.
Our Friends of the Future
Bob has been coming to Taronga ever since he was a little boy back in the 1940s. “I want my gift to go to the upkeep and welfare of the animals, and to keeping them from going extinct. I’m doing it so future generations can enjoy interacting with these beautiful creatures.”
"I have chosen to leave a gift to Taronga Conservation Society Australia in my Will. It’s very comforting to know that my gift will go towards continuing and expanding Taronga’s work to save important species in need overseas like the Sumatran Tiger, as well as so many Australian animals."
“I’ve been a Zoo Friend and supporter of Taronga for about 15 years. In this time I’ve learned a lot about all the work that is happening behind the scenes. There is so much great work happening to help animals in the wild through Taronga’s conservation, research and education programs. The wildlife hospital also provides a wonderful service not only for the zoo animals but also for injured wildlife. I’ve decided to leave a gift in my Will because I think Taronga’s work is really important for the future of many animals”
“Animals don’t have a voice unless people and organisations speak up and act on their behalf. I am passionate about animal welfare and that’s why I have left a bequest to Taronga Zoo in my Will. I admire the work they do in research, education and conservation, breeding insurance populations, ensuring genetic diversity, and re-introducing species to the wild. Taronga advocate for a shared future for wildlife and people, and it makes me feel reassured that my bequest will help them continue their work “For The Animals” well into the future.”
"Taronga’s work is very important to look after all the wonderful animals at their zoos and to help secure a future for wild animals. Without animals the world would not be as exciting and friendly as it is today. We feel we can help these wonderful wild animals by supporting the Taronga Foundation financially now and in the future by leaving a gift in our will."
Honour a loved one
Our sincere condolences if you have lost a loved one.
You may like to honour your loved one by supporting Taronga’s conservation work. There are several ways to do this:
- Create on online tribute and fundraising page - Contact us to set up a special tribute page where you can share a story and photo of your loved one. Guests can then be invited to give a donation to Taronga in lieu of gifts or flowers.
- Make a one off donation online
Thank you for choosing to honour your loved one by remembering their love of wildlife. Your kind gift is enabling Taronga to actively participate in wildlife conservation initiatives that ensure the long-term security of wildlife.
If you are interested in continuing your support for Taronga’s work, or aren’t sure what to do, please get in touch with us on (02) 9978 4573 or firstname.lastname@example.org