About the program
This unique school holiday program provides children with engaging experiences, surrounded by the sights and sounds of the zoo and the animals that live here.
Every Zoo Adventure includes:
- Interactive animal encounters
- Explore the interactive playground
- Daily Adventurers - experience new exciting challenges for a unique and thrilling Zoo Adventure
- Professional, enthusiastic, fun loving staff to assist and enhance your Zoo Adventurers experience
Spring 2023 Holidays - Bookings now open!
|Tuesday 26 September||Wonderful Wildlife||Fully Booked|
|Wednesday 27 September||Spring in the Bush||Fully Booked|
|Thursday 28 September||Kids for the Wild||Fully Booked|
|Friday 29 September||World Animal Day||Fully Booked|
|Tuesday 3 October||Kids for the Wild||Fully Booked|
|Wednesday 4 October||World Animal Day||Fully Booked|
|Thursday 5 October||Wonderful Wildlife||Fully Booked|
|Friday 6 October||Spring in the Bush||Available|
What to bring
Adventurers should bring a packed lunch and snacks for the day, and a refillable water bottle. And to be prepared for all weather, we also suggest you bring a hat, sunscreen and wet weather gear, just in case. During the warmer months, with water activities in the program, your Zoo Adventurer may get wet throughout the day so a towel and change of clothes is recommended.
Expand to read the full booking conditions
I understand, agree and accept as the parent/guardian of the child/children booked on the program that Zoo Adventures Program:
- Requires a moderate level of fitness and good mobility
- Is for children attending primary school, aged between five to 12 years of age
- Taronga staff and volunteers are COVID-19 vaccinated however Zoo Adventures will be interacting with unvaccinated children and guests throughout the day
- Your child/children may participate in supervised water activities throughout the Summer program;
- Is an all-weather experience and will ordinarily proceed in the event of inclement weather
- May include entering an environment housing animals which involves a degree of unpredictability and therefore risk of injury occurring
- Is at my own risk and without any liability attached to the Taronga Conservation Society Australia, including any injury to the child/children or damage to their property
- Requires the child/children to take direction from Zoo Adventures Hosts regarding photographs and video taken on any device, and understand that some photos may be restricted from social media platforms
- Requires the child/children to take direction from Zoo Adventures Hosts to comply with Taronga’s COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Must not be attended by a child/children if they feel unwell or have flu like symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, sore/scratchy throat, shortness of breath) and acknowledge that they will be excluded from the program and Taronga Zoo if they attend when unwell or with flu like symptoms
- Bookings are non-refundable but can be rescheduled or transferred in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of Taronga
- Program activities and schedules are subject to change without notice
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel community education programs at any time to remain COVID Safe, or due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or in the event of severe weather. In the unlikely event that this situation occurs, Taronga will contact me as soon as practicable to notify me and reschedule my booking
- Taronga cannot guarantee a nut-free environment (please contact us for further information).
- If the program participant has a known allergy that causes an anaphylactic reaction upon exposure to that allergen full disclosure must be provided prior to attending the program. The participant is required to supply and carry an EpiPen throughout the duration of the program. A medical action plan also needs to be provided to ensure Taronga staff have clear instructions for response management.