Posted on 29th November 2019 by Media Relations
‘5 Stars all the way!’ is just one of many fabulous reviews we’ve received for our stunning new eco-retreat nestled within Taronga Zoo and overlooking sparkling Sydney Harbour.
Since opening in October, guests have chosen the harbourside Wildlife Retreat as the location for marriage proposals, weddings, honeymoons, babymoons, birthdays, anniversaries and engagement celebrations.
On opening night one couple celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary after getting married at Taronga 30 years ago. More recently guests have toasted their 41st wedding anniversary at the Retreat and we’ve welcomed guests as young as 3 and as old as 91 to celebrate their birthdays.
The Retreat is appealing to all ages and creating lasting family memories across generations!
Here’s a taste of what guests have to say:
"What an amazing experience! Loved every minute of it and every single one of the staff members were so pleasant to deal with. Definitely recommend (sic) this as the perfect night away!
P.S., my partner proposed to me here, so its definitely (sic) a place that holds special memories for us ❤"
- Sabrina, on Facebook
"We had the best time here as a part of our honeymoon! The staff are very welcoming and accommodating and the koalas are the best part!"
- Laramy, TripAdvisor
So, what is it that guests love?
- The location – on the edge of one of the world’s best harbours and being able sit back, relax and soak up the sweeping views
- The incredibly cute locals – the resident koalas, wallabies, potoroos and platypus, who might just greet you on arrival or at your window when you wake up in the morning
- The wildlife tours in the Sanctuary – hearing from the keepers as they share their expertise in the carefully created Australian native animal habitat where the local residents roam freely
- The restaurant – which boasts one of the best views in Sydney and a menu rich with native ingredients and locally sourced produce
- And last but not least, the staff – who are going above and beyond so that guests make lasting memories of their overnight stay
Guests are also proud to be contributing to Taronga’s ongoing conversation programs by staying at the Retreat as all revenue raised goes towards protecting wildlife in Australia and overseas.
"This was an experience I’ll never forget. Put this on your travel bucket list. You won’t regret it and you’ll be supporting Taronga’s important conservation work at the same time!"
- Ro&Dave, TripAdvisor
For more information about the Wildlife Retreat at Taronga experience, visit the webpage for more details.