Don’t miss out on a chance to meet one of our favourite furry Aussie icons. Learn more about these amazing animals and the threats facing them in the wild, with your own dedicated knowledgeable keeper.
For the safety and comfort of our furry friends, guests are not permitted to touch or hold the koalas.
You’ll be able to get up close to these amazing animals with our trained keepers on hand to ensure the koalas still get their 20 hours of sleep a day.
Taronga is a not-for-profit organisation, so your koala encounter not only gives you a chance to connect with and learn about this iconic species, but you can also feel great knowing your experience is supporting our vital conservation work.
- Cost: $29.95 per session (includes up to 4 people)
- Time: daily sessions run between 11.30am and 1.00pm, with each session running for approximately 5 minutes.
- Tickets are available from 9am on the day of the Encounter from the Retail Shop at Top Plaza (Map Ref. 7L) or by simply purchasing tickets through Taronga’s free Digital App.
- Limited numbers - arrive early to secure your ticket
- Guests are allowed to take their own photographs of the experience
This encounter is subject to cancellation in extreme weather conditions and for animal welfare reasons. You can check the availability of this encounter from the Retail Shop at Top Plaza or with Taronga’s Digital App.